VACANCY FOR FINANCE & ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER (FAAM)
YOUTHS AND ENVIRONMENTAL ADVOCACY CENTRE (YEAC or ADVOCACY CENTRE) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) and Not-for-profit Organisation (NPO) incorporated in Nigeria by Corporate Affairs Commission with registration N0. CAC/IT/NO 102679. ADVOCACY CENTRE carries out activities on different thematic areas including environment, livelihoods and indigenous rights; climate action and renewable energy; Human rights and peace-building; research, sensitization and empowerment; anti-corruption and good governance. YEAC uses a gender and human rights-based approaches to ensure that its activities empower people and leave no one behind. YEAC works in collaboration with individuals, media organisations, government agencies, local and international development partners and institutions to strengthen community-based advocacy in the Niger Delta region through multi-stakeholders’ engagements with media and legislative activism for development. ADVOCACY CENTRE has staff members at its Port Harcourt Head Office, State Coordinating offices and Volunteers in the nine Niger Delta States. Namely; Abia, Akwa-Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo, Imo, Ondo and Rivers States following the successful launching on December 10, 2019, the ongoing mobilization of One Million Youth Volunteers and creation of a Network of Human Right Defenders in the Niger Delta. ADVOCACY CENTRE is currently seeking the services of a competent finance and administrative manager who will handle the financial operations of the organization and take charge of the day-to-day office administrative activities and report to the Executive Director of the organization on behalf of the Management and Board of Trustees.
JOB REFERENCE NUMBER: YEAC/FAAM/002/2020
- The person must be a female and not more than 32years of age.
- Possess a minimum of HND, B.Sc. or its equivalent from a reputable Polytechnic or University;
- Possess minimum of two years experience in accounting, finance management and administrative responsibilities from similar organizations
- Two recommendation letters addressed to the Executive Director of Advocacy Centre, guaranteeing the applicant, testifying about her personality, character, integrity, etc.
- The applicant must be a resident of Rivers State where she will report to work from.
- Must be ready to resume work by 8AM on Monday, February 3, 2020 and close 5PM daily.
- Must be open to learning more on the job and accommodate the interest of others.
- Be computer literate with a mastery of computer packages including Coral Draw, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of the ideal candidate would include but not limited to the following;
- Manage the accounting, financial and administrative duties of the organization towards the achievement of organizational objectives and goals
- Prepare, oversee and keep financial records related to general accounting, payroll, budgets, daily expenses, etc. of the organization,
- Manage received funds and payments in consultation with the Executive Director,
- Maintain accurate bank records of cash withdrawals, deposits and provide necessary financial records for use by both internal and external auditors when needed,
- Follow standard accounting procedures for financial documentations, analysis and reporting activities
- Manage consultants costing, payments and related financial and administrative issues
- Deduct Withholding tax, PAYE tax and other statutory deductions and remit same to the appropriate State and Federal tax authorities,
- Work with project leads to prepare budgets for both internal and external needs including for proposals and financial reporting to funders,
- Serve as the head of staff/volunteers of the organization and handle the administrative activities involving the One Million Youth Volunteers Network coordinating offices across the Niger Delta.
- Handle the general administrative work of the organization and perform any other duties that shall be assigned to her from time to time.
LOCATION: The finance and administrative manager shall work from the Port Harcourt Office of Advocacy Centre.
REMUNERATION: salary is negotiable and would be based on years of experience, qualification, skills, etc.
METHODS OF APPLICATION: As an organization that mainstreams gender, Advocacy Centre particularly wants a female to occupy this position. Thus interested female applicants should apply as following;
FIRST: Text your details, quoting the job reference number, using the following format to our database: YEAC YOUR FULL NAME, SEX, AGE, ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION, STATE OF RESIDENCE, YEAC/FAAM/002/2020 to 33811.
SECOND: Then, send your documents scanned as a single PDF file including your CV, cover letter, certificates, reference letters and other relevant supporting credentials to our email: info(at)centreadvocacy.org stating the position and reference code in the subject line as “Finance and Administrative Manager: YEAC/FAAM/002/2020”. Note and replace the “(at)” in the email above with “@” while sending your email.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
Applications must be received within two weeks of this advertisement. That is, on or before 4PM on Friday, January 17, 2020. Only applications received through the two methods above would be considered. Shortlisted candidates would be contacted and invited for interview. The successful candidate will resume work by 8AM on Monday, February 3, 2020.